I have had a wonderful summer. It was fun and chaotic and amazing. I spent hours every day reading and my love of books has only grown, which I didn’t even know was possible!
We took a day trip to the ocean with my amazing Tia and had an awesome time! I haven’t ever had so much fun at the ocean, we played in the waves and had a picnic lunch, it was just a wonderful day.
My dad grilled so many times this summer! I don’t think I will ever get tired of grilled food, just about everything just tastes so much better when you cook it on the grill. Summer squash and zucchini covered in olive oil with some garlic and salt grilled is to die for. I already miss it.
I fell in love with my hammock. Not necessarily for sleeping in, but definitely for reading, boondoggling, resting and listening to music in. It was where I did most of summertime reading.
My summer was sort of split in half, before camp and after camp. Before camp I was productive, I walked, jogged or something every day, I wrote and took pictures and baked. After camp I did my chores, made bread, slept, ate and read and read some more. Honestly I liked the second half of my summer best (who wouldn’t :), which surprises me, because usually I like to get things done and to be productive. I am glad that I let myself just relax and read for awhile, it made it easier in some ways to start school again.
All that said, let’s get on to finding out how I did on my summer goals!
Summer Goals Update
(1) Keep up with my very small outdoor chores. ✔️
(2) Take pictures daily or at least often. I took pictures in spurts, sometimes taking many and often taking none, so I guess I did it…sort of. ✔️
(3) Take walks three to four times a week. Nope, I definitely did not take walk daily or even weekly, after June.
(4) Spend time with our dogs. Sort of. I mean, I spent a couple of afternoons in our basement during thunderstorms, with one of our livestock guard dogs, Zip. ✔️
(1) Post weekly throughout the summer. X
(2) Post at least one book review. I posted the mini-reviews at the beginning of the summer. ✔️
(3) Write a farm tour post. X
(4) Introduce some of our animals to you all. X
(1) Read and review three YA contemporary novels. I read three Ya contemporary novels, but I didn’t review them (at least not yet).
(2) Read about 75 to 100 books, bringing me close to completing my Goodreads reading challenge. I’m not exactly sure how many books I read this summer, bu I am currently at 210 books read in 2019 on Goodreads (which i think is pretty good :).
(3) Find a few new authors.✔️
(4) Read two biographies. X
(5) Write three actual book reviews. X
(1) Go to summer camp (I literally can’t wait)!✔️
(2) Take a day trip to the ocean. It was amazing! ✔️
(3) Have smores. I had smores a bunch of times. ✔️
(4) Sleep outside in my hammock at least twice. I did it! Once at camp and once with my siblings and Tia! ✔️
(5) Have friends visit our farm. ✔️
(6) Have a outdoor sleepover with my closest friend and siblings. I’m counting sleeping in my hammock with my siblings!✔️
(7) Do a photo-shoot with my sister. X
(8) Watch the sunrise from our front yard. ✔️ (sort of)
(9) Watch the sun set on Kite Hill. X
(10) Make chocolate ice cream a few times. X
I am really excited to be getting back to blogging. This summer was a break I hadn’t realized I needed until I stopped. I am looking forward to getting back into blogging as this school year is starting, thanks for being patient and understanding when I didn’t do the all the posting I had hoped to.
This year I am hoping and planning to be sharing more book related and more actual writing alongside of my photography. At the moment I thinking that I will be posting weekly, maybe a bit more as I post pictures from the summer.
I am really excited to be beginning my second year of blogging! Thank you to all of you who have been following me from the very beginning. I love reading and responding to your comments!
How was your summer? What was a highlight of your summer? Has school started for you?